Who You Are:
The Legal & Compliance Director will be responsible for the daily requests from the various Galaxy subsidiaries including the sales and trading team, the asset manager and the advisory business. The greater Galaxy Group seeks to expand its footprint in the Asia-Pacific region and the candidate will assist with procuring various registrations and licenses in key countries and/or territories.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with various government and regulatory agencies in order to procure specific licenses related to digital assets and derivatives thereof.
- Create and maintain compliance policies and procedures regarding Asia-Pac licenses and registrations.
- Draft and negotiate various agreements related to various business lines of the greater Galaxy Group, including but not limited to purchase and sale agreements, exchange agreements, NDAs, etc.
- Work with various business owners to create commercially viable solutions that address regulatory concerns of the relevant jurisdiction(s).
- Assist with Galaxy responses to regulatory inquiries and subpoenas, and file reports with government agencies as necessary.
- Experience with AML/KYC requirements and the onboarding of clients and investors to regulated entities.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong background in financial services in either an institutional buy-side or sell-side firm.
- JD degree preferred; and
- Knowledge of the regulatory treatment of digital assets.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity compensation
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Company-paid health insurance for employees and their eligible dependents
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger