We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As the Manager for Institutional Onboarding, you will lead the team responsible for the customer due diligence processes for our Institutional and Corporate client base.
With the combination of in-depth AML/KYC expertise, and a strong operational skill set, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for providing a premier onboarding experience at scale.
You will help us effectively hire, manage and develop a high performing team that provides a high touch onboarding experience for our most important institutional customers.
What you’ll be doing (ie.
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Institutional Operations, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Effectively hire, manage and develop a highly successful team that provides a premier onboarding experience for high value traders, institutions and businesses
- Make informed, data driven decisions by using an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, market knowledge and operations
- Embrace efficient execution through the automation and simplification of complex processes using tooling and technology
- Help create a better client experience by synthesizing and championing client feedback across internal partners
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ business models and their needs through relationship building and management
- Utilize subject matter expertise of KYC/AML processes and requirements for institutional customers to shape operations
- Foster a highly engaged organization, setting up opportunities for career development and growth
What we look for in you (ie.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global institutional customer base.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience.
- Deep expertise in KYC/AML processes and requirements for institutional customers.
- Experience serving institutional clients in a traditional brokerage, asset management, or trading context; or experience serving crypto-first investors.
- Excellent track record of growing and managing deeply engaged, high performing teams.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and client locations, based on needs.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.