Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralised technology.
Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains, and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
The overall objective of the Ecosystem Success team, part of the larger Ecosystem & Business Development team, is to improve and accelerate adoption of both Substrate and Polkadot across existing teams as well as wider Web3 market stakeholders.
In this role you will be the main person responsible for managing Parity’s relationships with market intermediaries such as exchanges, liquidity providers, trading firms, fiat on/off ramps, issuers of fiat-backed stablecoins and custody providers.
The primary focus of this role is to provide support to these external stakeholders to ensure that they can safely participate in the Polkadot ecosystem.
This role will require extensive coordination with Parity’s different engineering and business teams as well as the broad set of independent teams building parachains and applications in the Polkadot ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have a traditional capital markets background and/or experience working with similar external stakeholders at a top-tier blockchain/crypto project.
Furthermore, the candidate must demonstrate a proven interest in blockchain technologies, DeFi and Web3.
As part of our Ecosystem Success team you will:
- Serve as the front-line relationship manager for all market intermediaries Parity maintains relationships with such as exchanges, liquidity providers, trading firms, fiat on/off ramps, issuers of fiat-backed stablecoins and custody providers.
You will act as their main point of contact at Parity and ensure any inquiries are managed and referred to the correct internal teams.
- Coordinate communication of product and company updates to various market intermediaries
- Collect external feedback and relay it to internal stakeholders, and help drive decision making
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of and relationships with Polkadot ecosystem builders (e.
parachains, applications building on parachains, etc.
) to enable you to serve as a resource for them should they seek to work with similar market intermediaries.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
- At least 1-2 years total work experience across roles in traditional capital markets roles (e.
sales/trading, investment banking or investment management) or those which require extensive engagement with crypto-focused market intermediaries such as exchanges, liquidity providers, trading firms, OTC desks and custody providers
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the crypto and blockchain space
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience managing key relationships with important external stakeholders
- Autonomous, self-starter who is able to take ownership of their role and confidently navigate a rapidly expanding later-stage startup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web.
Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing.
We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place.
Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.