At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. With an emphasis on security and usability, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for institutions across the world to participate in crypto. Our team brings together the brightest minds from security, finance, and distributed systems to build the infrastructure of a new financial system. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.Anchorage is the premier digital asset platform for the most sophisticated institutions participating in digital assets. As a Client Operations Manager you will support clients and work closely with your Client Experience teammates to ensure continuity of service for our clients. Main responsibilities will include managing the operational side of the custody operations with various internal groups and external parties. You will gain a full understanding of the custody operations, as well as the regulatory and operational considerations of each step. You will keep an eye out for ways to improve and build on the current operational procedures. You will become intimately familiar with our key custody activities and have the opportunity to create workflows and contribute to the development and maintenance of the procedures and policies for each business line.
As a Member of Client Operations you will:
- Review all client transactions to validate their institutional intent to execute and perform sanctions/AML screenings to identify risk.
- Contact clients to obtain additional information regarding transfers and withdrawals as needed to comply with AML/BSA regulations.
- Gather information from multiple sources, clean small data sets, and produce monthly and quarterly compliance reporting.
- Provide operational support for crypto asset trading and lending activities, with an emphasis on optimizing reconciliation and post-trade settlement.
- Ensure trades, transfers and inventory reconciliation happens across different internal subsystems and external systems – banks, custodians, etc.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, technology upgrades and automation; implement solutions as needed.
- Participate in and build complex, multi-product client workflows and strategies to ensure our client expectations are exceeded.
- Become an expert in all our product and service offerings, intimately understanding product features, lending/trading operations, and supported cryptocurrency.
- Serve as the internal advocate for our clients to our product, engineering, compliance, trading, and lending teams.
- Provide white glove support to our global client base through phone, email, video calls and chat in an articulate and empathetic mannerEffectively triage and prioritize incoming client requests– seeing each inquiry through to successful resolution.
- Participate in client onboarding calls to discuss the logistics of how they will interact with the trading/lending teams, enter orders, and settle orders, etc.
- Create content the Client Experience team can use in their onboarding presentations.
- Create client presentations, user guides, FAQsParticipate in evening and weekend on-call rotations.
You might be a fit for this role if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience supporting the settlement activities of institutional client.
- You have a strong understanding of how institutional clients such as VCs, Sovereign Wealth Funds, PEs etc operate.
- You have a deep understanding of traditional financial services, products and strategies as required to provide thought leadership and strategic support to your clients and the goals they have to implement their own strategies.
- You have a full understanding of the flow of the trading and settlement cycle, as well as the regulatory and operational considerations of each step.
- You have experience with different channels of support including chat, text, telephone, email and video conference.
- You have "executive presence," i.e. confidence and composure interfacing with financial investors and C-level executives.
- You have deep technical knowledge or are able to quickly gain that knowledge on the following subjects: blockchain, crypto-economics, security engineeringYou have a keen ability to adapt and learn quickly as business strategies evolve and new products are introduced.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You have experience using Salesforce.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives. Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.