At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions.
With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service.
We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
Anchorage Digital is looking for a non-lawyer, member of the legal team focused on privacy program implementation to help build, implement, execute, and always improve our privacy program.
Reporting to our Privacy Office , this individual will work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to identify privacy risks for clients and employees alike.
They will bring prior experience in financial services implementing and maintaining privacy technology systems and applications with the associated, requisite familiarity with applicable data privacy regulations including GDPR, GLBA and CCPA.
As a Member of Legal Team, Data Privacy, you will:
- Perform privacy reviews working with cross-functional teams to support Anchorage’s privacy-by-design approach for implementing its privacy program.
- Process and respond to external and internal privacy-related queries and user rights requests, under Privacy Office’s guidance.
- Track and respond to privacy-related queries and metrics.
- Support the development and delivery of training and awareness materials and presentations.
- As needed, assist with any privacy related publications.
- Support internal practices and policies to facilitate and assist Anchorage’s privacy initiative, including communicating privacy objectives to internal stakeholders and coordinating with privacy office members and cross-functional teams.
- Support the implementation of Anchorage’s global privacy initiatives by developing policies and scalable processes in response to evolving legal requirements to support business goals.
- Partner across teams to support development and maintenance of privacy technology systems and applications
- Help document privacy risks and issues and communicating them to proper stakeholders
- Create and edit documentation to demonstrate accountability of privacy program, including Report of Processing/Data Mapping
- Evaluate existing policies and make improvements as needed
- Assess privacy risk in the organizations’ operations and conduct privacy risk assessments
- Partner across teams to implement, regularly conduct, and record privacy impact assessments.
- Assess data protection governance for new products, projects, and initiatives
- Monitor data privacy issues, working closely with IT and Compliance to ensure compliance and privacy requirements are met
- Communicate upcoming privacy related changes and implement appropriate processes enterprise-wide
- Assist in developing controls to ensure privacy of client data and employee data
- Develop a system for incident tracking, investigation and resolution
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- BA or BS degree (required)
- 2-4 years experience in data privacy program implementation and management.
, such as in developing policies, processes, and procedures for data governance and management, including data usage, architecture, protection, and reporting at a financial institution
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations, such as GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, GLBA, and comparable regulations and industry standards
- Significant project management or privacy compliance experience
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to manage a high volume of projects and information in a timely manner
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrated across a multitude of departments
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business requirements needs and translate them into application and process requirements
- Ability to query and understand data models
- Ability to fully understand and communicate with IT/Engineering/Security
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You are familiar with PIPEDA and other global privacy regulations
- You are familiar with data privacy regulations in the Asian region
- You have CIPT/CIPM certification
- You are passionate about crypto!
About Anchorage Digital – People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem.
As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from.
We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.