At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.The team you’ll work withOn the Brokerage and Financing team we want to provide an institutional-grade experience to our customers. We aim to tackle complex problems, like latency-sensitive communications, irreversibility, near-real-time data processing, in a way that is scalable, efficient and effective. Being a core part of Anchorage means that you'll be working on the building blocks of our platform.The impactThis is a force-multiplier development role that enables Anchorage, as a platform, to continuously enhance and scale our brokerage and lending business lines. You’ll have the opportunity to build a front-to-back trading and lending infrastructure to support a crypto native bank.
- Own the build out of an institutional grade crypto trading/lending system.
- Design next generation lending platform, integrations and APIs.
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt.
- Collaborate with the trading and lending teams to continuously improve the functionality and operational processes of their respective desks.
- Maintain relationships with our execution service providers and collaborate in system design, build outs, and trouble-shooting.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
You may be a fit for this role if
- You have knowledge of coding and systems design for distributed systems (open to all coding languages, but must be willing to learn go).
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You have experience with modern protocols such as gRPC, GraphQL and REST.
- You're able to clearly communicate through written reports and visual aids (charts, graphs, analysis, etc.).
- You’re comfortable navigating environments that are constantly changing, such as a high growth startup.
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if
- You have production experience with Go or other strongly typed programming language.
- You have experience working on the development of large software product.
- You have a deep familiarity with cryptographic primitives like hash functions, elliptic curve cryptography, ring signatures, ZK-Snarks, etc.
- You've built up a knowledge base around distributed systems theory and failure models.
- You've built up a deep understanding of market micro-structure and algorithmic trading.
- You're familiar with investment frameworks.
- You have meaningful experience developing trading platforms at a capital markets software vendor or a financial institution.
- You have a strong sense of trading processes.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system.