At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.As a Member of Technical Staff in the Protocols team, you will be working on building a robust foundation to enable interaction with all the blockchains we support. This is an exciting challenge where you will leverage your software engineering skills to deliver a reliable, scalable and performant access to blockchain nodes that interact directly with dozens of decentralized protocols. Your contributions to building this abstraction layer will enable other teams to interact with the different blockchains we support. This role has exposure to cross-cutting issues with the rest of the Protocols team, and building resilient solutions will allow the whole company to successfully scale and continue to grow, while ensuring a solid and reusable foundation.
- Develop software and infrastructure that scales across all crypto-networks.
- Build automation to best support the growing list of supported protocols through upgrades.
- Improve observability of the health of different parts of our systems.
- Design and optimize integration with decentralized networks directly or through selected vendors.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap to accomplish higher site reliability for new and existing services – have a seat at the table.
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
You may be a good fit for this role if:
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- You genuinely care about code quality, resilience, security and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions over “cool tech”.
- You have DevOps / SRE experience and have built and operated production systems.
- You have experience with one of the major cloud providers (ideally GCP and/or AWS).
- You're knowledgeable about networking protocols.
- You enjoy programming, infra-as-code, monitoring, and automation.
- You've leveraged container technology in production.
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience running RPC or validator/staking protocol nodes.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- You understand and care about supply chain security.
- Backend Tech: Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Cue, Terraform, GCP, REST and GraphQL.
- Engineering methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, and infra-as-code.
About Anchorage Digital – People: Who we areThe Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy. Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives. Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.