About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. GSR is looking for a Money Transmission Compliance professional in New York to join our global legal & compliance team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. The Compliance Officer will act as the subject matter expert on MTL requirements by maintaining in-depth knowledge of contracting and licensing procedures, including state jurisdictions. You will achieve and maintain the licensure and requirements for our cryptocurrency business.This role requires strong knowledge of US Money Transmission requirements (5+ years), communication skills, and the ability to train, monitor and provide regular updates to senior management.
As the Company's Compliance MTL Specialist you will:
- Ensure compliance with consumer compliance, and state money transmission regulations.
- Coordinate and maintain an effective Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC Compliance Program that is consistent with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements.
- Work with the Compliance Team on enhancements of the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA PATRIOT Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- Establish and maintain appropriate Suspicious Activity Report processes that promote quality investigation and research; consistent decisions; and complete and detailed documentation.
- Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments with consideration of risks related to the Company's products, services, employees and geographies.
- Respond to exams and audit concerns and oversee corrective action of all MTL related compliance deficiencies.
- Oversee the updating and revision of MTL compliance policies and procedures.
- Monitor and analyze industry and compliance trends and changes to Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to the Company's money transmission business. Advise on emerging risks, new or amended laws, state regulations, or agency guidance.
- Minimum of five years' experience in the US Money Transmission Industry either in a Payments of Crypto capacity
- CAMS or equivalent certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of key U.S. State money transmitter regulations and FinCEN reporting requirements
- Experience maintaining a US MTL Compliance Program, managing state exams and responding to inquiries from governmental agencies
- Crypto experience a plus
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .