We are seeking a peer-to-peer network engineer to help implement the Subspace Network, a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain written in Rust, using the framework. Subspace employs a novel proof-of-storage consensus algorithm and a decoupled execution framework, which allows it to scale far beyond existing blockchains, without sacrificing security or decentralization. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a globally distributed team. To learn more visit our and read the .
- Implement a fault-tolerant, load-balanced, and efficiently-retrievable distributed file-system based on the specifications in our white paper.
- Implement a simplified and streamlined Kademlia Distributed Hash Table (K-DHT) to serve as an indexing layer for the Subspace Network.
- Develop a torrent-style synchronization service for new farmers and a tit-for-tat bandwidth sharing mechanism for existing farmers.
- Experience employing or implementing peer-to-peer protocols including gossip networks, distributed hash tables, or distributed file systems.
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, such as peer-to-peer networking, as well as cryptographic fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++, or Go and willing to learn Rust.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the LibP2P networking stack.
- Familiarity with the Rust language and its ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- A remote work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency.
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer one blockchain.
- A competitive salary with generous token and equity grants.