About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!This is a fully remote position.The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of assigned payrolls.
What you will do
- Maintain a close working partnership with Accounting, Human Resources, HRIS, Tax and Legal teams.
- Process employee terminations, including final pay instructions and deductions.
- Reconcile payroll calculations, payments, and payroll reports.
- Confirm payments received on pay date including requesting tracking information.
- Manage payroll system to ensure alignment with HRIS and Accounting system
- Ensure payroll data and payments are aligned with country and local compliance
- Monitor payroll emails and internal payroll channels
- Respond Payroll Ticket inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Keeps detailed and organized payroll records
- Participate in year-end processing and ongoing payroll training
- Maintains company confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Support Payroll team with additional duties as needed
Who you are
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll processing in a high-volume in USA and Canada
- Experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Trinet, CloudPay
- Possess strong technical skills including extensive MS Excel as well as experience with major ERP systems
- Ability to thrive in team environment
- Payroll Certification preferred
- Cryptocurrency familiarity very desirable
- Excellent organizational and mathematical skills
- Strong communication skills and collaborative attitude
Location Tagging: #USWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know