- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Houston, TX, USA(Time Zone: CST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $160,000 – $170,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Data Engineer (Direct Hire- Houston, TX) for one of our clients.
MUST BE LOCATED IN HOUSTON, TX AREA
You must be able to be IN the office 8-5 M-F
This section will give you the highlights of what they need:
Senior Data Engineer- Onsite-Houston
- Trading floor/commodities experience
- Willing to work onsite at our Houston office 5 days a week from 8-5
- Knowledge of: Tableau, SQL, Databricks, AWS, Snowflake,
- Big Data Principles
Nice to Have:
- Right Angle
- Worked in scrum framework
The purpose of this job is to provide technical expertise for research, development and modification of data engineering processes and jobs insupport of a Big Data infrastructure for PFJ Energy in the commodities and energy space.
- Research, develop, document, and modify Date Engineering processes andjobs per data architecture and modeling requirements; collaborate withData Analytics team members such as Data Strategists and Data Scientists
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand data needs includingdata velocity, veracity, and access patterns
- Provide technical expertise to implement Data and Analytics specifications
- Serve on cross-functional project teams and provide perspective for theData Analytics team on executing key deliverables
- Troubleshoot complex, escalated issues including connection, failed jobs,application errors, server alerts, and space thresholds within predefinedservice level agreements (SLAs)
- Proactively maintain and tune all code according to internally documentedData Engineering standards and best practices
- Review and ensure appropriate documentation for all new developmentand modifications of the Data Lake processes and jobs
- Perform code and process reviews and oversee testing for solutionsdeveloped, and ensure integrity and security of institutional data
- Educate business stakeholders on the usage and benefits of theData Lake/Lakehouse and related technologies
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members and provide feedbackon project work
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensureguests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, andprocedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or a related field is required.
- Minimum eight years of technology operations experience required.
- Experience in the commodities and energy space is required.
- Strong SQL knowledge and skills required
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases like Oracle, Postgres or SQLServer required
- Experience with Apache Spark or Spark-streaming, Message Queuetechnologies and Python required
- Strong knowledge of enterprise data warehouse (EDW) data models with afocus on Star Schema data modeling techniques required
- Experience with unified data platforms such as Databricks or Snowflakepreferred
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Data platforms such as Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure or Google Cloud preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify solutions to complex data problems
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
- Ability to mentor and motivate a diverse team; ensure team and individual accountability and performance standards are met
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve complete projects, and influence decision making
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.