- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only
- SALARY: $130,000 – $180,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Mobile Engineer (Direct Hire)for one of our clients.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Experience in iOS and Android development with experience publishing apps to both iOS and Google App store
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Experience developing with Typescript (Node), React Native, Swift, or Java/Kotlin
- Proven track record building highly available and highly scalable systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Web3 experience, a plus
- Founded a company or built side projects, a plus
- Experience in startups, a plus
Portal is an embedded web3 infrastructure company that is enabling exchanges and fintechs to natively power a web3 app marketplace for their users with a single integration.
Our mission at Portal is to help onboard the next wave of users into web3 by helping our customers simplify the user experience with a high degree of security for their users.
Portal is backed by leading investors such as Slow Ventures, Haun Ventures, Acrew Capital, and Chapter One who have backed projects like Solana, Coinbase, Dapper Labs and Opensea at the earliest stages.
We also have angel investors including the co-founders of Plaid, Anchorage, Brex, TRM Labs, and Stytch.
As a mobile engineer at Portal, you’ll be touching all aspects of our mobile stack from our SDKs to front-end design to enable the best mobile crypto UX for our customers.
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle of identifying, designing, and building new features
- Contribute and lead mobile design discussions, stand-up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for mobile development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Portal’s high technical quality bar
- Write stable, high coverage test cases for features you ship
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
- Work hand in hand with our customers developers to iterate on the best mobile developer experience
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.