Principal Product Designer at Braintrust 🧠 (remote)
The Product Design team at Braintrust is a small team (but growing fast!) with a huge impact on the product in a design-driven culture. We’re building the best user experience possible, with a sophisticated, modern UI (check out our Dribbble for samples!). If you’re passionate about designing new features and all the discovery and exploration that goes along with that—this is the team for you!
As a Principal Product Designer, you will have an opportunity to lead design across the entire product lifecycle, including Discovery, User Research, Product Design, and more, with potential to manage, mentor and/or coach less senior designers on the team.
This is a remote position that can be done from nearly anywhere as long as you’re working close to US business hours (EST/CST/MST/PST). There will be zero to minimal travel required.
About Braintrust 🧠
- We’re creating a new marketplace business model that is owned and operated by the community and powered by a blockchain token.
- We’re not going after a small problem or a small market. We’re creating a new economic model for how work gets done globally.
- Founded by two serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits, Adam Jackson and Gabriel Luna-Ostaseski.
- We’ve raised $142M in funding from leading Silicon Valley Investors including Tiger Global Management, Coatue, Coinbase Ventures, IDEO, Blockchange, Uprising, True Ventures, Homebrew, ACME + more
- We have 500+ Fortune 1,000 customers including Airbnb, Wayfair, Spotify, Twitter, Nestle, Nike, Porsche, Deloitte,, Coursera + more
- We’ve been featured in The New York Times, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal + more
- 🚀 In the past 18 months: Gross Services Volume (GSV) grew by 2,079%, from $1.2M to $24.3M; Talent flocked to the platform growing from 2,194 to over 34,000; and the network’s Community grew 70X from 10,000 to over 700,000 members
More About the Role
You’ll join the Product Design team, reporting to the , and collaborate with product and engineering to bring a bold design vision to life. You’ll provide guidance while also being a hands-on design practitioner. From researching and analyzing what our users need, to prioritizing features, defining success, exploring unique, innovative, and usable design solutions, and delivering pixel-perfect UI, you’ll show how rigorous design thinking and execution can make a measurable impact on our products.
For Talent, you’ll make it easy and delightful to find high quality remote work, build community, and grow & control the network. For enterprise clients, you’ll make it fast, easy, and delightful to find and engage the highest quality talent. For the core team, you’ll help eliminate, streamline, and decentralize processes that will accelerate exponential business growth.
As a lead member of the design team, you’ll demonstrate the level of rigor and depth required for intelligent design and provide guidance to our team of designers. We are a very low-ego, mission-driven team, and are constantly evolving to work together in the best ways possible, with a bias for action and moving fast with precision.
- You are passionate about building modern, design-led, innovative products that help people every day.
- You excel at both facilitating and evangelizing every aspect of the product/design process
- You have a relentless dedication to building something that sets a new standard in design.
- You love to solve difficult problems through design-thinking and collaboration.
- You have experience building products iteratively, learning from customers, and incorporating feedback into future designs.
- You excel at exploring multiple design solutions and knowing when to test with users and when to use your expertise to choose the best path forward.
- Your work sets a high bar for aesthetic, clean, modern design. You know when to follow trends, what the next wave of design looks like, and how to bring that into your work.
- You excel in a design-driven product environment, where the user experience is the top priority and key driver of success. You know how to advocate for the user and ensure the right user experience ships.
- 8+ years of product design experience, designing real products
- 3-5+ years of experience leading design, either as a lead IC or manager
- Experience managing design operations and other designers
- Extremely proficient in Figma, including components, variants, and auto layout
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design approach with a sophisticated user experience and UI.
- Preferred: Experience with two-sided marketplaces or social networks
- Bonus Points: Experience designing for Staffing, Recruitment, HR, etc
- Strong commitment to the core values of the Braintrust team and a demonstrated willingness to fully understand the bigger mission.