At Xapo our delivery teams are responsible for assuring the quality of the software we release to production.
In order to do that they need to have access to the tooling, processes and coaching they need.
The role of the Principal Test Engineer is to work closely with the Director of Engineering and the Tech Leads to develop those frameworks and to provide support to allow the teams to be successful.
First and foremost we are looking for an excellent software engineer, someone who loves to code, script and pair with other engineers to share knowledge.
We want engineers who are passionate about software quality and who are able to devise strategies and build frameworks, pipelines and tooling that will support our developers deliver really high quality code without compromising speed to market.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
- Drive Technical Quality initiatives, including creating, prioritising and managing them based on continuous analysis of teams state and pain points.
- Work from a Quality standpoint with Tech Leads to ensure they have all of the needed support for their efforts.
- Undertake Proof of Concepts and create new framework / libraries and CI/CD changes.
- Functional and Non-Functional Testing (Performance, Security, Load etc).
- Contribute and follow-up on Architecture Decision Records (ADRs).
(This is the mechanism we use at Xapo to discuss and agree significant change to our platform, tools or ways of working).
- Pair with developers, show what good testing and test cases look like.
- Experience in Coaching and Mentoring Engineers.
- Experience ensuring Quality of Backend services.
- Experience Pairing with Developers and sharing knowledge
- Experience in deep analysis of Performance bottlenecks (including usage of Performance/Load/Stress testing).
- Experience in contributing to CI/CD with focus around Quality aspects.
- A seasoned and senior engineer with experience in one or more programming languages (e.
- Experience in working with microservices architecture and understanding of event-driven architecture.
- Strong focus on data-driven decision making.
- Self starting and able to manage and prioritise a workload based on what will add most value right now.
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.