As Product Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities providing legal guidance on product and feature development.
You will report to CashApp’s Head of Product Counsel and partner with our bitcoin and crypto product teams to develop new offerings while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact.
You are organized, and creative.
You are curious, with a desire to understand underlying causes and motivations.
You can research and master complex legal topics and communicate them to non-lawyers in brief, clear language.
You have an expert understanding of a legal issue but can separate the practical from the academic and provide clear, accurate, and advice to the business team.
You are good-humored, patient, respectful to your co-workers.
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on issues related to products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- Develop trusted relationships with partners and stay informed on important product developments
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements affecting your products and services
- Work with other support teams (tax, compliance, accounting, and outside counsel) to provide seamless support to partners
- Cultivate creative ideas and insights into how legal frameworks can support new product developments and customer experiences
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, or in-house legal departments
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Fluency in translating legal advice into applicable guidance for creative products and collaborators
- Work in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes
- Creativity solving problems
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree and active membership in at least one state bar
- Experience and familiarity with bitcoin and blockchain technology
At Block, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.
We will treat your request as confidentially as possible.
In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Block, we want you to be well and thrive.
Our global benefits package includes:
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Paid parental leave
Paid time off
Learning and Development resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer.
We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive.
Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
(NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services.
Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy.
Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services.
With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin.
Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects.
Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans.
TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.