IPFS is an open-source project that cares deeply about supporting its many communities — from distributed web developers, to browsers, to blockchain projects, to data storage hosts. Having healthy communities is critical for the long-term health of IPFS by ensuring that all contributors and users are welcome, engaged, and getting the help they need.
At Protocol Labs, research development (ResDev) is an even more advanced set of work. In addition to supporting our on-going services and protocols, a developer relations person would help advance the next generation of blockchain and Web3 technologies. This means rallying developers and scientists around the world to help advance the state of the art, exploring novel technologies, and bridging research areas into documentation and tools the community can build on. Cryptonet is an open distributed research lab working on applied cryptography to improve crypto-networks.
Ideal candidates will have…
- Previously managed technical relationships in a partner or sales engineering capacity globally or in multiple countries
- Advised on partner projects’ application architecture and done co-development in Github with them
- Familiarity with peer-to-peer, decentralized, or blockchain technologies
- Experience with developer relations and developer support
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- And will enjoy taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Experience writing documentation or producing other content to synthesize and simplify technical concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with P2P, blockchain, and dapp development tools and workflows
- Experience speaking at conferences, developer summits, or virtual events
- Experience working in or managing open source software communities
- Experience teaching, writing, or hosting workshops