Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach millions of Fortune 500 professionals, financial market participants, technologists, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.We are looking for a Reporter of Real Time News for the East Coast of the Americas to be a part of a team of journalists with a mission to break second-by-second digital asset news and important crypto-relevant developments in the areas of finance, markets, technology and policy.
- Monitor a constant flow of information from sources including social media (Twitter, Discord, Telegram), websites and blogs, press releases, emails, government filings and global regulatory wires and blockchains
- Using strong news judgment, identify newsworthy information and publish that information as quickly as possible for our readers.
- Make fast and decisive judgment calls when digital asset news breaks
- Write fast and accurate news flashes and short items distilling the information
- Proven experience as an reporter or another relevant role
- Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience working in a real-time environment preferred
- Deep knowledge of digital assets, markets, financial services, and technology
- Working knowledge of online CMS platforms like WordPress and SEO concepts
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in English
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day. We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.Why You Should Work Here:We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership. We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location. Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.What Else Should You Know?The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.