You will be joining a team of engineers who will champion security initiatives throughout the organization. You will be building tools to make secure-by-default easy. You will be conducting regular audits/tests to identify risks and prioritizing fixes for the identified risks. You will continue to raise the bar to make our systems secure.
- Implement security best practices in our cloud and on-premise IT environment following industry standards/recommendations.
- Identify vulnerabilities / missing patches across all servers, workstations, containers, etc. and ensure they are prioritized for remediation.
- Implement runtime security measures for our container environments.
- Ensure relevant audit and security logs are collected to a central location and exposed to the correct teams for triage, analysis, and incident response.
- Work with auditors and compliance teams to meet required policies and collect required evidence.
- Work with IT / Engineering teams to ensure admin rights are not needed on end user workstations for everyday tasks and to ultimately trim down the number of users that have admin rights.
- Ensure all endpoints throughout the organization are configured with security settings that align with industry standards and that they have the relevant security tools (MDM, EDR, etc.) installed.
- Implement zero trust principles throughout the infrastructure that facilitates a BYOD model for certain use cases.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of applications, services, and infrastructure to ensure security and privacy design principles are being followed.
- Actively participate in all facets of the incident response lifecycle
- You have a BS or an MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or a related field
- You have 4+ years of experience working on a security team supporting product/engineering functions, cloud infrastructure, and corporate infrastructure development
- Experience instrumenting servers and building telemetry pipelines.
- Experience building infrastructure security tools. HSM's / CA's
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience (AWS/GCP)
- You have in-depth knowledge of security threats, applied cryptography, and risk assessments
- You have software engineering experience and an engineering mindset for building reliable and maintainable security infrastructure to support a large organization with CI/CD software engineering practices
- You have experience working with product development teams to empower them on advancing security initiatives
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or container technologies preferred
- Have experience using DevOps Tools (Chef, Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience building & managing Identity backed services. LDAP, Radius, can set up SSO integrations
- Strong linux / osx technical skills, knows how to debug systems
Our PrinciplesAt Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.About Chainlink LabsChainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the . Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data. This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#LI-Remote