JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80.00 – $100.00 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, Ongoing project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and get a say in how the network is run with the BTRST token. We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Semantic Data Architect for one of our clients.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Global supply chain management is what we do but at the heart of Our client you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer and technology focused approach to logistics and supply chain management.
- Fortune 500 company
- 18,000 trained professionals
- Headquartered in Seattle | 300+ locations | 109 countries
- Strong focus on in-house design and development of applications
This role will be accountable for putting the model in ‘model driven application development’. The Semantic Data Architect will accomplish this by defining and leading the approach for describing the domain of logistics utilizing semantic modeling and associated technologies. They participate as a key collaborator with the product and development teams, synthesizing and representing the knowledge and requirements of the business into consumable information models. The work is high-level (strategic and enterprise in scale), narrow (implementing customer and partner specific solutions), and deep (detailed data definitions and mapping). This role requires the ability to define and govern effective modeling processes and the ability to lead and mentor other team members.A qualified candidate will likely have 10+ years of enterprise scale modeling and architecture experience. Knowledge of supply chain and logistics activities will be a distinct advantage.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define and lead the semantic modeling practice for the organization
- Analyze, define, and architect the knowledge of logistics and the requirements for supply chain visibility and collaboration solutions
- Provide comprehensive semantic models that are both human and machine readable
- Define key business concepts, attributes, and relationships and organize them into ontologies, taxonomies and glossaries
- Work closely with key business and technology SMEs to define and design models representing a variety of domains, including partner models, canonical and metadata models, and implementation models
- Create and maintain effective mapping, visibility, and traceability across models
- Determine and govern approach for managing master and reference data (e.g., canonical, partner specific data, mapping between sources)
- Define events for transforming and mapping data inputs to canonical representations
- Identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities for automation (e.g., XML/JSON to RDF/TTL), natural language processing, fact extraction)
- Define and enable effective and responsive change management and governance processes
- Establish semantic model patterns and definitions (e.g., objects, attributes, relationships, metadata)
- Establish business domain model patterns and definitions (e.g., itineraries, locations, events, agents, rates)
- Essential Skills
- Semantic modeling
- Taxonomy and ontology development
- Enterprise scale data analysis and modeling
- Natural ability to observe, listen, ask why
- Determining the right approach to effectively facilitate, negotiate, influence
- Team building
- Training, mentoring, leading others
- Adaptable communication and the ability to explain details and concepts
- Ability to simplify the complex, mitigate risk, deal with ambiguity
- Semantic concepts and technologies (e.g., OWL/RDF, SPARQL)
- Model driven development, domain driven design, complex event processing
- XML, APIs, EDI standards and practices
- Logistics and supply chain processes and technologies highly desired
- Lean and agile development practices, SAFe
- Tools: Semaphore, Excel, Marklogic, Azure Dev Ops (ADO), or similar.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.