We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence.
The Senior/Staff Global GL Operations Accountant must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling environment, and effective interpersonal communication skills.
Reporting to the GL Operations lead, the Senior/Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in all areas of the company’s operational accounting.
The position will involve collaborating with a team of over 5 individuals.
This position will directly own Global GL accounting, corporate cash management and reconciliations, ensuring completeness and accuracy of expenses, accounts payable, capitalisation of property plant and equipment, accounting of leases, accounting and amortization of prepaid expenses amongst others.
The role will also include significant involvement in the month-end close process, financial reporting and related processes.
The role will need collaboration with various teams across the organization; design and implementation of controls and process improvements and assistance in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.
, Job Duties)
- Own and maintain various areas of the company’s operational accounting, review daily journals and review valid supporting schedules.
- Manage accountability for accuracy through identification of process improvements, variance analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by junior members of the accounting team.
- Cross-functional collaboration with FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Payroll and Source-To-Pay teams to ensure proper accounting and financial reporting.
- Prepare supporting documentation for external audits, including international subsidiary statutory financial statements.
- Support financial statement audits by liaising with external auditors, and collaborate with various teams to ensure timely completion of audits
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logics, automation or enhancements.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
What We Look For In You (ie.
- Chartered Accountant/CPA or related degree preferred;
- 5+ years of core accounting experience, financial reporting; experience with a multinational company.
- A mix of publicly-listed or high-growth start-up companies or public accounting is desired.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Accounting Standards; USGAAP knowledge a plus.
- Solid technical skills – Excel, GSheets, ERP systems.
- Knowledge of accounting month-end book close process.
- Impeccable organization skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work and collaborate with large teams and also ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and Google Suite
- Experience working in a SOX control environment.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.