JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 – $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, Long-term, ongoing project
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java and Blockchain based solutions. The role is for a talented Senior API Designer Engineer to join the Blockchain and Digital Assets engineering team. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exciting and innovative products using multiple Blockchain technology and components delivered at scale to global markets.
- Proficiency with tools such as RapidAPI Design by Paw. ; Postman ; Swagger Editor or Swaggerhub ; Mulesoft API Connect ; AsyncAPI Playground ; Stoplight.io ; FastAPI ; Apiary.
- Expertise with Authentication and Authorization schemes and tools ; understanding of security protocols for API end points ; at rest data and in flight data
- Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
- Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
- Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multideveloper
- Introductory knowledge of designing and creating smart contracts for enterprise grade apps
Role This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java and Blockchain based solutions. The role is for a talented Senior API Designer Engineer to join the Blockchain and Digital Assets engineering team. In this role you will be part of a highly agile team building exciting and innovative products using multiple Blockchain technology and components delivered at scale to global markets.
- Expertise in best practices and patterns for modern API design and Developer Experience for secure and scalable API access ; has prior experience in building API offerings for financial products of global scale
- Ability to create technology components based on the understanding of the business vision, product value for payments business domain, and transferring it to industry standard API design
- Responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions with core focus on API Design , Modelling for scale , performance , throughput and efficient transaction handling and reporting
- Ability to participate and contribute in requirement refinement sessions for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes, and best practices in API design with experience in payment systems
- Experience in understanding complex distributed system architectures and creating a high-level design, working with other technical leaders to drive out the detailed design and implementation of complex applications, interfaces and integrations as required
- Ability to understand the Enterprise guidelines into modern API tooling and design practices and use it to build API library for internal and external consumption
- Experience in owning and contributing to best-in-class documentation, tutorials, code libraries , sample code and reference implementation
- Experience in integration workstreams at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
- Ability to understand , lead and contribute for performance engineering and security assessments of the enterprise software architecture, and assisting guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers when needed
- Researches and evaluates tools and software as needed in the ecosystem
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.