- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $85 – $95/hr
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week – Long-term.
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We’ve onboarded some of the world’s most reputable brands and now we need a Senior Backend Developer – Ruby on Rails – Remotefor one of our clients.
About the Role
Our client is seeking a talented backend developer with a Ruby background to join our team as they solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space.
In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and maintain our API, data processing pipelines, and other backend systems.
- 5+ years of backend development experience on production applications
- Experience with integrating with third-party APIs and Webhooks
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills — they use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Familiarity with MVC, API & data mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs
Nice to Have
js, React, Vue, or Ember (They use Next.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Datadog
- Knowledge of JSON-API
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and cloud infrastructure management
They’re looking for people who…
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how they work.
They value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — They come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences.
Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Play to win — They want to bring on team members who have a winning attitude and a willingness to think outside the box to get things done.
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers on the implementation of new product features
- Work with external/third-party teams to build, debug, and maintain integrations
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production
- Maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Amplitude, Mapbox, and our campground partners
- Update and maintain existing API functionality
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the solution
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.