What is Polygon?
is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more.
Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Seated in North America and working closely with the VP of Communications, this role will help develop and execute a global communications strategy that includes all key verticals and products.
This individual will also be responsible for managing PR agency relationships in LATAM and APAC, as well as developing an awards process and budget.
Included in this role are media relations, thought-leadership, awards management, event staffing, media training and more.
This person should have a strong understanding of web3, preferably with a background in web2 and web3.
They should have a proven track record of media placements and working in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to read and speak Spanish and other languages is ideal, but not required.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to promote key partnership and product announcements Manage external PR agencies to ensure targeted coverage in APAC and LATAM regions in line with Polygon’s communications strategy
- Work with the events team to coordinate PR coverage and increased exposure around key events Work with events team and PR companies to manage speaking requests/proposals for Polygon spokespeople
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Ability to read and speak Spanish and other languages is ideal, but not required.
Ability to work to tight deadlines and be comfortable with instances of ambiguity
- Good communicator and team player
Work from anywhere (Remote first)Flexible working hoursFlexible vacation policyCompetitive SalaryPolygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about Polygon
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .