As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms
globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started.
We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines.
Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!
Overview of the role
Kraken is growing at a rapid pace, during an incredibly exciting time in the crypto industry.
Kraken is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to develop, enhance, and support the Corporate Compliance framework for Kraken’s global and regional initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide guidance, support, empower critical and “outside the box” thinking within direct candidates and their staff.
The Senior Compliance Manager must be comfortable presenting and collaborating with managers, board committees, external regulators, regional compliance officers and any other key stakeholders and must maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Supervise and serve as mentor to other Compliance staff members providing support and guidance.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships to liaise with various stakeholders to understand risk to ensure an effective and efficient corporate compliance program.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders, executives, managers, and regional compliance officers with ease to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Ability to multitask, attention to detail, and work across multiple teams dynamically.
- Demonstrate breadth of knowledge and understanding across multiple businesses to provide guidance according to industry standards and best practices.
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively help improve the control environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environment across multiple businesses to provide supporting guidance to subject matter experts to execute daily responsibilities.
- Comfortable with engaging with regulators as required.
- Produce and deliver a clear “story” to peers and the Executives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with various business partners both in and outside of Compliance.
- Illustrate knowledge and/or understanding of regulatory requirements (e.
consumer, AML, etc.
) in various operating jurisdictions.
- Partner with Regional Compliance Officers and Operations to ensure their responsibilities are fulfilled to develop a corporate compliance framework to ensure governing oversight for effective: Global Compliance policies and programmes, global risk assessment, global complaint resolutions, global testing programmes.
- Undergraduate degree (relevant advanced degrees, such as J.
or other advanced degree is preferred but not required).
- 8+ years in risk management experience (includes compliance, financial crimes, audit, legal, or operational risk experience).
- Prior experience with carrying out and operating in a global compliance environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of financial services, financial services regulations, and the procedures related to financial services operations.
- Prior experience leading and executing various compliance programs (specific areas in policy, risk assessment, complaints, and compliance testing).
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work products and consistently deliver results.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience and/or passion for crypto preferred.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Adaptability to global business needs
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences.
We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Listed in: , , , , , , , , .