- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: United States only (Time Zone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90 – $110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week
As a content strategist you will
- Develop content strategy based on business goals and user needs optimized for consumption context.
- Develop information architectures for discovery, sign up and onboarding flows.
- Collect and create content inventories from which new content can be created.
- Audit existing content to determine current performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform gap-analysis and competitor analysis.
- Write ADA-compliant content for interfaces (onboarding, microcopy, forms, menus, alerts) and other digital experiences (support content, product-related emails, alerts, and more).
- Contribute to (and optimize) content governance and documentation across projects.
- Make the business case for adding, retiring, moving, and expanding content to support user and business goals.
You’re a person who (required skills)
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise content strategy and creating content for interfaces (UX writing)
- Bachelor’s degree in English composition, communications, design, or related field.
- A working proficiency with design tools, including Sketch, InVision, and Axure.
- Working knowledge of software used by designers and project managers.
And you are a person who:
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Is available to travel up to 10% of the time
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Master’s degree with compensating experience.
- Financial, digital agency, or similar industry experience.
- UX Writer