About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. You will help to shape and build the cutting-edge tools used for real-time programmatic trading including market making, risk management, and proprietary trading strategies.We are looking for someone to expand our data engineering capabilities within our Engineering team. The role will be to support and work closely with the business and engineering teams to develop the firm’s service offering.
- Working with the quantitative/trading teams to understand data requirements.
- Develop solutions that enable the efficient and reliable extraction of insight from all captured on-chain data.
- Development and maintain processes that ingest, transform, enrich and store a combination of structured (blockchain data, reference data etc.) and unstructured data (e.g. economic calendars etc.), guaranteeing data quality and availability.
- Continuously evaluate external data sources to make sure that we have the most accurate data available, backfilling historically when required.
- Maintain databases that downstream data areas rely on.
- Participate in product design, implementation, and quality assurance.
- Recommend improvements to the process both in terms of data collection, data consumption and storage.
- Java or Python (both ideally).
- Building data pipelines for transformation, ingestion, export, research etc.
- Building data lake / delta lake / data mesh.
- Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- AWS services (some of): S3, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, Batch, Glue, Spark, Athena, Redshift.
- Streaming: Kafka, Flink, Beam, Kafka Streams, Kinesis.
- Workflows: Airflow, Step Functions.
- ML: SageMaker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Masters degree in data science or machine learning a plus.
- Strong interest in blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
- Self-starter with fluent communication in written and spoken English.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .