Founded in 2018, with employees across the world, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space.
The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ time zones, covering the global crypto space 24/7.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future.
As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
We’re seeking a Senior Director, Sponsorships who will build relationships with the most respected brands and institutions in the finance, fintech, and digital asset space.
This person will be responsible for thoroughly understanding clients’ needs, clearly articulating The Block’s value proposition, and providing an exceptional customer service experience to connect the clients’ needs with effective advertising solutions.
This is an entrepreneurial role that provides the opportunity to conceive of and execute new business lines and product offerings.
- Support the execution of an aggressive sponsorships sales strategy to increase sponsorships revenue fourfold over the next 3 years or less
- Partner with the Product and Revenue leadership teams to deliver customer feedback and help drive the future of products at The Block
- Refine sales process that is scalable, repeatable, and measurable to reflect a consultative selling method with value-based solution selling techniques
- Define sales strategy and resources needed to execute
- Partner with other members of the Sponsorships team to refine go-to-market strategies and pitch to expand our customer base
- Partner with Sales Operations and Marketing to update sales collateral, communication strategies, and prospecting techniques
- Build and sustain lasting relationships with existing and potential clientsr
- Clearly communicate The Block’s value proposition and the unique benefits of each of our advertising offerings to meet clients’ goals to drive new client acquisition
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to accurately report on the sales funnel from lead generation through close
- Hit and exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- 5+ years of experience in digital advertising sales with a demonstrated track record of hitting and exceeding revenue targets
- Superb communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate at the C-level
- Experience in change management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Impeccable time management and organizational skills
- An interest in the evolving crypto and digital assets industry
Who We Are:
The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors.
It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble.
We jump in and roll up our sleeves.
We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious.
We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set.
We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership
Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners.
We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership.
We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it.
Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and Citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information.
Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it.
We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short.
We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.