You will shape, write and edit written content and resources for the Protocol Labs network. Your content will showcase groundbreaking projects and individuals across the network, educate Labbers on key web3 trends and solutions, and accelerate the growth of the entire network.
Protocol Labs Network Services
Protocol Labs is a research and development laboratory that has built and scaled multiple projects that have made great contributions to the web3 ecosystem. To fuel our next phase of growth, we’ve created a new team — Network Services — to provide services and capabilities that our projects and the broader ecosystem can leverage, including design, video, events, operations, content, IT, and more.
As a Senior Editor for Network Services, you will play a critical role in connecting and educating the network. You will highlight teams and individuals across the network, helping network members get to know each other and collaborate more effectively, and increase the audience of Protocol Labs technologies. You will also identify key challenges that web3 teams face as they grow, then interview experts and conduct research to create useful guides to help solve them.
As Network Services Senior Editor at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Regularly review and highlight projects, teams and individuals across the network, then share these findings broadly to help network members collaborate more effectively.
- Develop and execute industry-leading content formats to engage audiences across multiple channels and platforms, such as blogs, articles, newsletters, and social media.
- Collaborate closely and collegially with various teams within and outside the PL Network Services team (including writers, designers, photographers, video producers, etc.).
- Shape, write and edit stories in a variety of formats (blogs, articles, newsletters), and fine-tune ambitious and original ideas into repeatable formats
- Source and maintain a network of web3 subject matter experts, writers and sources, then partner with them to develop clear, concise content that informs and educates network members.
- Regularly review analytics from several PLN channels and report your findings to the greater PLN content team.
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have excellent written communication skills in English.
- Can sift through complex ideas to unearth a unique angle or key hook to a story — and possess the powerful narrative and writing skills to structure and tell that story.
- Are able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable through words and design direction.
- Have spent 7+ years experience at all levels of editing, including assigning to writers, designers and photographers; story structure; line edits; headline writing and SEO.
- Have experience communicating successfully across a variety of mediums (e.g., blog, documentation, website copy, etc.)
- Have skills in communicating clear directives, an ability to look at a problem several ways, and can see a story’s potential over many formats.
- Strong grasp of web3
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- Have deep experience coordinating work across teams with different goals.
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Additional language expertise