We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Client Foundations team believes our internal customers are just as important as our end users. We work to improve the quality of Coinbase apps as well as the effectiveness and happiness of client engineers across Coinbase by building cutting-edge solutions to common problems. A few of the many solutions our team is responsible for include a cross-platform design system, GraphQL-based data layer, custom performance and reliability monitoring, and a bespoke React Native runtime. As a member of the Client Foundations team, you will help identify common challenges faced by client engineers, and then to propose and implement tools and processes to solve them at scale. Our end goal is to enable Coinbase to build high quality apps with unparalleled efficiency in a rapidly changing environment. You’ll do this as part of a skilled team with a collaborative and supportive culture. You will be learning from the top minds in the field and will be pushing yourself and the boundaries of client engineering to its limits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create the infrastructure that is used to develop, test, build, and release our applications.
- Scale solutions through shared libraries so product teams can efficiently build client applications.
- Create and document best practices and implement guard-rails to enforce them.
- Drive impact by solving tough, cross-cutting problems that affect every Coinbase product.
- Identify and implement ways to measure application quality (performance, resiliency, errors, user satisfaction).
- Instrument automation that empowers product teams to own the quality of their domains.
- Create educational content to share knowledge, promote standard methodologies, and evangelize engineering best practices.
What we look for in you
- You are well-versed in web technologies and can transition smoothly between web and mobile development (React/React Native).
- You are passionate about continuously improving the developer experience.
- You operate well in ambiguous environments and collaborate well with cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have experience driving complex projects from start to finish with tangible results.
- You can lead and influence architectural designs.
- You enjoy mentoring and enabling others.
Nice to haves
- You have experience in developing React Native mobile apps or helped move existing native apps to React Native.
- You have experience in maintaining open source projects.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $175,100 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.