A BIT ABOUT USLever, an Employ brand, has a vision of connecting human potential to meaningful work.
Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software.
As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work”, along with “Best Company Outlook 2022,” and “Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022,” and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage.
For more information on our team culture, visit .
THE CHALLENGELever is on a mission to provide the best analytics feature set in the world of Talent software.
We’ve made good progress in the last 2 years, but we still have room to improve.
This is where you come in.
You will be the technical lead for the engineering team that is evolving Lever’s analytics features.
You will help Lever’s customers recruit more efficiently and more predictably by providing them with a reliable and accurate data set to analyze.
This position will focus on maintaining and improving our data pipelines while consulting with partners in product management and product design on building user facing analytics features.
As part of that collaboration, you will be encouraged to use your expertise and conduct technical research to help inform the direction we take with our analytics products.
THE OPPORTUNITYOne of Lever’s top priorities is to make our analytics features a reason that people buy and stay with Lever.
As the lead engineer on the Analytics team you will have the opportunity to have a big impact on the success of Lever’s product and Lever’s business.
You’ll work collaboratively with partners on the analytics team to drive the implementation of features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
In addition to working on a high impact product area, as part of your daily work you will have the opportunity to build expertise in multiple Business Intelligence tools.
You will be able to exercise and strengthen your automation and optimization skills.
You will have the opportunity to learn about state of the art data infrastructure systems like Kafka and Snowflake, and you will be able to leverage observability tools like Datadog and Kibana to observe our systems.
You will also have the opportunity to lead the development of user facing analytics features, depending on your preferences and prior experience.
THE TEAMLever’s reporting engineering team combines ETL engineers, product engineers, data analysts, designers, and product managers to build, define, and design analytics products for customers.
You will join the team as the lead software engineer building and maintaining advanced analytics products for Lever’s customers.
You will collaborate closely with our brilliant data analysts who create dashboards in the product, and scrappy Talent Analytics Consultants provide custom analysis services for customers.
You will use your data and engineering knowledge to help guide the product and design team that strives to build analytics features to connect human potential to meaningful work.
THE SKILL SET
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with data pipelines and both the common pitfalls and best practices for maintaining them is a plus
- Professional experience with relational databases that speak SQL (Postgres, MySql, MSSql, Oracle, Snowflake, etc)
- An understanding of Business Intelligence tools, like Tableau or Looker, and the problems they solve
- Knowledge of Looker is a plus, a desire to learn Looker is a must
- A desire to teach others with the communication skills needed to effectively share knowledge
- A healthy appetite for being a technical mentor for other engineers
- This role includes a lot of technical freedom, so the ability to research technical solutions beyond those that already exist in our code base is a plus
- Empathy for users of the Lever product and internal users that work at Lever
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team.
- Learn about the technology behind Lever’s analytics features (Lever Talent Intelligence, Data Warehouse Sync, and Visual Insights)
- Participate in the reporting team’s ceremonies and get to know your teammates
- Meet internal users of Business Intelligence tools
- Deploy your first code change
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Learn about Lever’s product and how the analytics feature fit into the full picture
- Build familiarity with Lever’s application data model in Mongo, how it aligns with data in SQL, and how the our data pipelines perform the translation
- Understand the existing observability tools and monitoring we have in place for our data pipelines
- Participate in Lever’s analytics product development process and ship your first feature to customers
- Improve tools that reporting engineers use to maintain data systems
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Find and fill gaps in observability and automated testing for reporting features
- Engage in your first on-call rotation for the product to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues
- Collaborate with other product engineering teams to incorporate data generated by new features into our analytics products
- Identify and fix large areas of improvement in our data pipelines and schema management tool set
- Contribute new ideas to the long-term roadmap of the reporting team
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Help the data analysts improve performance of pre-built Looker dashboards with optimizations and pre-calculated aggregations
- Improve the experience of data analysts by providing them with better data environments to use for development
- Automate continuous data quality and end-to-end service testing of data pipelines
- Incorporate custom access control rules into the data available to end users of Lever
Is this role not an exact fit?
The Lever Story
Lever, an Employ brand, is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent.
Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM.
The LeverTRM features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire.
Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias.
Lever supports the hiring needs of over 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielsen.
For more information, visit .
#LI-HV1 #LI-REMOTE #BI-REMOTE
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , , , .