We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
This role is for the KYC EDD Senior Manager as part of the Financial Crimes Compliance Services function in the Financial Crimes Compliance team, reporting to the Head of Financial Crimes Compliance Services. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and executing various onboarding initiatives for the rapidly growing Retail and Institutional businesses. Onboarding Institutional and Retail customers with adherence to Coinbase’s AML program, BSA/AML, KYC, CDD, and EDD policies, procedures and standards appropriate for each jurisdiction in which Coinbase operates. You will serve as the subject matter expert and escalation point within the KYC EDD team and the broader AML team and manage client onboarding and remediations.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven track record of creating processes and procedures for an onboarding KYC program, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, have a strong knowledge of KYC best practices, and a proven ability of taking innovative approaches to solving complex regulatory challenges. The role will include responsibility for certain core compliance activities, as detailed below.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Oversee enhanced due diligence reviews for retail and international institutional high risk applicants and clients
- Recruit, train, and manage Onboarding EDD managers and analysts and ensure adherence to AML policies and procedures
- Design and write processes and procedures for scaling a rapidly growing KYC program
- Lead strategic tasks for implementing new components such as Refresh and Periodic Reviews
- Act as point of escalation for KYC/Onboarding Managers and associates and cross functional teams
- Manage/Lead/assist both small and large scale compliance projects
- Work closely with AML and KYC team members to define scope, engage stakeholders, and drive execution of key initiatives
- Assist with preparing regulatory reporting and correspondence across multiple jurisdictions
- Work with sales, coverage, account managers, customer experience operations, product and engineering teams to design and test various KYC project initiatives
- Be comfortable with operating in ambiguity and adapting to changing priorities
- Work closely with the Head of Financial Crimes Services, KYC Director, the Global Head of AML, and others to drive internal KYC team’s planning and strategy across short and long term
- Partner with and provide oversight of First Line KYC functions
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years of prior experience in managing, designing, and implementing an onboarding KYC program for a financial institution, preferably with digital assets and/or fintech experience;
- Detailed knowledge of global anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and sanctions risks and regulations (e.g., BSA, 4MLD, FinCEN CDD Rule, OFAC Sanctions, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.)
- Strong leadership, relationship management skills, and project management experience;
- Exceptional analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills and presence: ability to interface with internal and external teams;
- Work in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a FinTech is a plus
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry
Req ID: P1370761
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $245,225 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.