OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for , or NFTs.
Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain.
OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs.
At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences.
Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish.
We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
OpenSea is seeking a Senior Manager of Federal Government Affairs to be based in Washington D.
who will help to develop the company’s public policy positions, crafting and executing strategies to implement those positions, and building and maintaining relationships with lawmakers, and other stakeholders in the U.
and global policymaking community.
The role reports to the VP of Policy & Government Affairs.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player who is passionate about NFTs and blockchain technology and happiest in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Set OpenSea’s public policy priorities and ship effective strategies for furthering them
- Stay abreast of quickly developing policy and regulatory landscape
- Direct OpenSea’s external engagement with key government stakeholders at the federal level
- Leverage industry associations and other external partners to advance OpenSea’s policy priorities
- Manage policymaker education and engagement on web3 and NFTs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply.
Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of public policy, government affairs/relations, and/or policy development experience, preferably with in-house experience at an innovative consumer technology company
- Direct policy experience, preferably on crypto, blockchain technology, and/or NFT related policy issues
- Track record of identifying and executing creative solutions to address public policy and government relations challenges and opportunities
- Experience working working closely with and desire for high engagement with policymakers and staff
- Experience developing and launching policy campaigns/initiatives, policy position papers, and/or industry initiatives