We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The mission of the International Compliance programme is to enable Coinbase to become the most Trusted crypto-currency services provider through the provision of industry-leading Compliance expertise and oversight.
The International Compliance Senior Manager will lead Compliance input into a number of international expansion initiatives in addition to supporting the Head of International Compliance in the design and implementation of the international compliance framework.
The role-holder will report to the Head of International Compliance and will be based in Singapore.
What you’ll be doing (ie.
- Leading compliance input into a number of international expansion initiatives including, but not limited to:
- License and registration applications
- New entity set up
- Provision of ad hoc compliance advisory to key stakeholders including Product and Engineering; Business Operations; and Corporate Development teams
- Analysis of complex regulatory (compliance and AML) requirements and distilment into clear factual advice
- Supporting the International Head of Compliance in the design and implementation of the International Compliance framework, including, but not limited to:
- International compliance objective setting and strategy;
- Organization design and resourcing;
- Coordinating across international entities to ensure consistent design and application of the compliance framework
- Supporting the drafting of relevant MI and updates as regards status of in the international compliance framework
- Facilitating effective International compliance engagement with relevant global compliance teams
- Driving efficient execution and allocation of resources across international compliance activities
What we look for in you (ie.
- Substantive experience of regulatory license/registration applications
- Understanding of the international regulatory landscape
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal
- Track record of delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Expertise – regulatory knowledge in one or more of the Coinbase International jurisdictions
- Prepared to voice concerns and challenges and key partner engagement skills and experience required
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- 7+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Dedication to diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Related bachelor’s level degree or equivalent required
Nice to haves:
- Professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.