OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for , or NFTs.
Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain.
OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs.
At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences.
Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish.
We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
The Senior Manager, People Operations role will lead the Ops arm of our People Team, ensuring that we have a solid foundation to build world-class programs from the ground up.
This role will be an enabler of a holistic employee lifecycle program, becoming the connective tissue between key functions.
This is the perfect role for those who love to be hands-on operators while thinking strategically about how to build smooth operations.
You’ll get to focus on getting “ahead.
” We’re a startup so there’s always a lot of opportunity to go beyond the role, experiment, and try out new things.
We’re excited for someone who’s willing to take this and turn it into their own (while staying aligned with our company philosophy).
What you’ll do
- Be a key leader of our People Team, ensuring that we are strategically investing in the right levers in alignment with HR and business goals
- Establish the foundations of People Ops, so we can maximize our HR support capability e.
implement our Performance tech, be the Ops partner for People Programs, manage our Analytics platform
- Be a trusted partner and consultant to cross-functional partners across the business and on major business decisions (Finance & Legal are key, as well as other business functions)
- Deliver consistent visibility on the progress and impact of the Ops team’s work, as well as key data metrics important to the business
- Ensure data cleanliness & processes that protect data integrity; may also handle data uploads & process management
- Determine the prioritization of which policies, programs and processes need to be invested in and built (especially at our current stage and resourcing); make calls & defend/adjust decisions in favor of our People philosophy based on stakeholder input
- Lean into employee experience initiatives/ programs
- Coach and elevate folks on the Ops team to grow their career and deliver impact to the business
- Ensure our HR team is maintaining compliance with local laws and regulations, as well as providing all key HR services for our employees
- Deliver solutions that enable a seamless employee experience
- One person will report into this role (HR Coordinator/ Generalist); as we scale, this team may grow
- You have “ops chops” aka you’re an operator 🙂 you’re comfortable getting your hands into projects – we are still a startup
- You love tackling high-impact needs at a fast pace and delivering outcomes in ambiguity
- You have experience leading a People Operations or parallel HR team (and love coaching!)
- You’ve built foundational processes and programs with results, and have lead teams who have delivered on successful projects
- You love details but also the 30,000ft view.
You understand getting to the root cause of issues while building for the future
- You value collaborative problem-solving and contributing to a positive employee culture/ environment where everyone can be their best
- You understand the importance of data integrity and confidentiality when it comes to employee data
- You can challenge and influence cross-functional leaders horizontally and upwards on decision-making and execution approaches
- You have strong written skills and are confident in your ability to communicate clearly with different customers and audiences at Director+ and executive level
- You like to have fun!
- You’ve experienced fast-growth at a company and are comfortable with balancing ambiguity with action
- Web3 and NFTs excite you, whether you’ve only heard it on the internet or you’re deep in it!