We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join the Technical Program Management team within the Customer Experience Organization. You will be responsible for managing a team of TPMs (Technical Program Managers) who will oversee the execution and success of multiple programs that are critical to Coinbase’s Customer Experience strategy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help define the team charter as we build the technical program management function in CX at Coinbase,
- Hire, mentor and develop TPMs to have a positive impact on the organization and help them chart a fulfilling career path
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and fulfill opportunities in which TPM can drive product excellence, scale and efficiency throughout Coinbase
- Ensure your team is allocated to the most strategic business needs by understanding the CX’s strategy to deliver best in class Customer Experience.
- Introduce best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements.
- Individually oversee critical and sensitive programs that are highly technical & cross functional when needed
- Coach your team to define program plans, success criteria, and then execute against the objectives
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Monitor your team’s program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point and risk mitigator for your team by resolving blockers.
- Build and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders in a remote environment (ie Data Science, Product, Compliance, Security, Engineering etc)
- You lead by example and can coach others to facilitate challenging discussions, present to stakeholders of all levels and craft written communication
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years experience overseeing relevant product or technical program management teams at a technology company
- Extensive experience with Saas Products (e.g. Salesforce, Phone Solutions, Chat Platforms, etc)
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously and resolve conflicts by navigating across the organization
- Proven ability to build order out of ambiguity, with minimal guidance
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $161,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.