Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a performance engineer to join a growing team which is in charge of performance, scalability and reliability of the products and/or features we deliver to the XRPL community. You will work closely with developers, scientists, devOps and other members in the performance team to gain deep knowledge on software use cases and its data flow, model realistic load profiles and conduct comprehensive performance testing and tuning on products and features we deliver as a team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about problem solving, possess strong analytical and logical thinking skills and be very detail oriented.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with teams across the organization in acquiring performance requirements and load forecast metrics
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from software design and requirements gathering to iterative performance testing
- Work with the development team to understand feature details and call flows in order to design realistic performance testing load model and test data shapes
- Develop comprehensive load simulators and all necessaries tools required for the testing
- Conduct iterative performance testing and tuning during the software development life cycle
- Provide tuning and sizing guidelines for the software products
- Work closely with the devOps and infrastructure team to provide key performance monitoring and alerting metrics
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by proactively looking out for problematic signs that may affect product’s performance and/or reliability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in software performance engineering
- 5+ years of experience in software industry
- Expert knowledge in Apache JMeter or other load testing tool(s), working knowledge of Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Intellectual curiosity, hyper focused and persistence – you are not easily satisfied with hypothetical explanation but driven in digging out the real truth
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Brand new office in Toronto
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!