- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote United States Only (TimeZone:EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $115 – $135/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
Our client is looking for someone to join their design team and help lead the transformation of their digital products in the private banking space.
They operate as a fast-moving team that prides ourselves on innovation, execution, and ownership.
This role will be responsible for setting a high standard in visual design and user centered design, and creating highly engaging features across mobile and desktop products.
The Senior Product Designer is highly collaborative and has experience working closely with product teams and engineering teams.
This role is for someone who has a passion for their craft and can demonstrate that passion to others, even those outside of the design team.
This person is customer-/user-obsessed.
They are able to think beyond basic banking apps and imagine what true digital-to-human hand-off looks like.
This is unique to their brand and to the type of high standard their customers expect from them.
This role is custom tailored to the person who loves strong visuals in design, loves custom crafting tools for users, likes to own and ship ideas rather than watch them collect dust on a shelf, and values working shoulder to shoulder with thoughtful and collaborative colleagues.
What you’ll do as a Senior Product Designer:
- Set a high standard of UI design, always pushing their design patterns
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams
- Communicate UI and visual design principles across and outside of the design team
- Mentor and grow the skills of junior designers
- Present your work across the team as well as to stakeholders
- Manage design projects from initiation to production
- Push product thinking to always be customer/user-centric
- Evolve and contribute to their design library
- Be a culture builder for collaboration and creativity
- Grow personally in your craft and in the shared knowledge of the people around you
What you will bring to the table:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Fintech experience and/or an interest in financial services a big plus
- Passion for UI design, visual design, typography, interactive design, animation, illustration
- Thoughtful, simple, clean solutions for otherwise complicated problems
- A profound awareness of the value of good spacing in design
- Ability to navigate difficult situations in your work with successful outcomes
- Ownership of problems.
Ownership comes with responsibility and space to solve a problem.
It also comes with recognition and satisfaction when the problem is solved and delivered.
- Competence in systems thinking across multiple platforms
If data, research or a different perspective offers a contradicting position to one you have, you’re comfortable with changing your opinion.
- Prior success building strong relationships across teams.
At the core of their digital products is the value of the human experience.
Good people and strong relationships will build better products to serve their clients.
- An inquisitive mind
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.