Amber Group is a leader in digital asset trading, products and infrastructure. We work with companies ranging from token issuers, banks and fintech firms, to sports teams, game developers, brands and creators. Operating at the center of markets, we act as liquidity providers, miners and validators on all major exchanges, applications, and networks. Across all products and categories, we have turned over >$1T in volumes since inception. Our mission is to make our digital future a reality and shape it to be fair, inclusive, and kind.Our people are both dreamers and doers – a self-driven, entrepreneurial community who are believers in the power of decentralized networks. We collaborate across teams and regions, promoting a culture that is open, transparent, respectful and inclusive.Our businesses1. Institutional financial services, helping 1,000+ asset managers, hedge funds, corporates, and family offices invest in digital assets via API and our OTC desk.2. Consumer financial services with millions of customers investing in digital assets via our award-winning mobile app and web platforms.3. The emerging digital creator economy including gaming tokens, digital art, sports collectibles, and social tokens.At Amber Group, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative and entrepreneurial people, solve meaningful problems, accept challenges, and become experts in frontier fields. We strive to take care of our people, providing competitive incentives, benefits and rewards. Role overviewWe are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Quantitative Developer to join our global high-frequency crypto trading team. The individual will need the drive and motivation to sit within our fast-paced, 24/7 business and help us to develop technology that will ensure our high-frequency trading is the best in the market. This role will involve expanding system connectivity to new markets, optimizing ultra-low latency trading algorithms, and proactively improving trading strategies. The individual should be able to lead and drive a project forwards, blending both individual working with team collaboration. This position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced developer to bring their expertise to a new and growing team, helping to create a culture and set standards that will allow us to achieve industry-leading results.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work individually, and alongside skilled, accomplished colleagues to develop highly optimised solutions
- Be an advocate for clean, maintainable code, working as a role model for other developers within the business, setting the standards, and providing technical leadership
- Create automated tests
- Write documentation
- Hold regular meetings and build relationships with the internal team both online and in-person
- Deliver solutions that meet the business needs within the desired time frame
- BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) subject or other related fields
- Strong experience ~10 + years of C++
- Experience delivering low latency code
- Excited by Crypto or Electronic Trading, with views on the industry and the ability to articulate why they want the role and why they want to work for Amber
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure. Comfortable with shifting priorities and the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills including good command of spoken and written English
- Team player, trustworthy, dependable, and energetic
Amber Group opens its doors to the curious problem solver empowered to make an impact in shaping tomorrow. As a hyper-growth company since day 1, we continually invite talent to join our diverse, nimble and digitally-native teams. If this sounds like you, apply now, or get in touch with us today at .