What You’ll Do:
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures for the protection of Ripple’s computer networks and information.
- Design and implement corporate IT and infrastructure security solutions.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing systems, in order to ensure functioning of Ripple’s data processing activities and security measures.
- Assess system vulnerabilities for security risks, and propose and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Build solutions for automated detection and response to security incidents.
- Ensure appropriate security controls are in place to safeguard Ripple’s digital files and vital electronic infrastructure.
- Modify computer security systems to incorporate new software, correct errors, and implement new technologies to meet Ripple’s business needs.
- Monitor security systems, monitor use of data files, and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Respond to computer security breaches and review violations of computer security procedures to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Document security procedures, processes, and tests for Ripple’s IT and infrastructure programs to ensure the highest level of security compliance.
What We’re Looking For:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field plus 6 years of experience (of which 5 years must be post-baccalaureate progressive) in security engineering; or a Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field plus 4 years of experience in security engineering.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently): building security standards and procedures; implementing security tools in business processes; performing security assessments for complex systems; engaging with external security researchers to remediate issues; creating threat models for information systems; performing code reviews to detect vulnerabilities; and, testing with popular application and infrastructure security tools such as Burp, Nessus, Nmap, or similar.
Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in at least three of the following technologies (which may be gained concurrently): Firewall/VPN; IPS/IDS; Email Security; Penetration Tests; Application Code Reviews; API Testing; Vulnerability Scanning; AV; EDR; SIEM; MDM; DLP; or, IAM.
To apply, please email resume to: and must reference Job #DS02 to be considered.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!