We’re looking for a senior software engineer who is familiar with Typescript; someone who wants to work in an early stage start-up and is motivated at the prospect of working on a wide range of security-adjacent technical challenges.
You’re a strong problem solver who loves to learn — we’re not experts in everything and we don’t expect you to be either.
Our team focuses on addressing actual business continuity risks without compromising developers productivity — we are not compliance-oriented and are not driven by traditional security certifications.
You would fit very well if you are an experienced delivery-oriented generalist who likes learning new technologies and thinking from the first principles.
You will work closely with our Security Lead to improve smart contact security across the company.
You will be creating software development lifecycle automations; fetching, processing and visualizing on-chain insights, integrating with various APIs; developing interfaces and security alerting for internal teams.
You will be evaluating various security tools, developing Github actions for our CI/CD flows and improving our inventorization system (we are using ).
You don’t need to be a designer but you know what a good UX is and know how to put a few React MUI components neatly together.
You don’t have to have prior security or blockchain experience — you will be working with the experts who will support you and your excellent software engineering background will be a great foundation to grow in this space.
This position provides room to grow and work at the Staff level of seniority: we are working horizontally across all development teams in the company, driving the technical governance for smart contracts and collaborating with a wide range of vendors and partners.
Most of our work is open source and there is an opportunity to add value to and influence the wider blockchain community.
- Excellent Typescript coding skills
- Proficiency in at least one of systems programming languages, Linux and Docker
- Experience in maintaining complex multi-component products (Indexers, Queues, Alerting) in distributed teams
- Strong spoken and written English
- Ability to join the team calls during European working hours
- Ability to join an on-call schedule
Nice to have
- Understanding of Blockchain development ecosystem and best practices (e.
Hardhat, Truffle, Foundry, etc)
- Understanding of Rust development ecosystem and best practices
- Experience working with Solidity or Rust
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines at scale
- Technical leadership experience
- Extend and maintain security-related Github Actions and shared Github Workflows for our smart contract teams across Solidity and Rust code bases
- Evaluate and integrate security-related tools and services
- Create and maintain Github template repositories for smart contracts
- Enforce code signing, code reviews and other developer flows
- Extend and maintain our smart contract inventorization system (Backstage)
- Ingest and visualize security-relevant on-chain state
- Implement alerting pipelines for anomaly detection and access management-related on-chain events
- Formalize and automate metadata management for security audits
- Create and maintain integration with other infrastructure components (Cloud, Grafana, CI)
- Implement security-relevant developer flows
- Work in a fully distributed security team
- Provide input and autonomously execute on security strategy
- Design and be responsible for various software components end-to-end
- Drive technical excellence: set the bar for code quality and mentor more junior developers
- Participate in an on-call rotation for serious security incidents