As a Senior Threat Analyst on the Scaled Abuse team, you play a key role in the detection and mitigation of content manipulation at scale on Reddit. Policy violations such as spam, vote manipulation, user recidivism and appeals, among others, will keep you busy along with responding to threats in real-time. Your work delivers timely and actionable information to build assessments of Reddit’s active threat vectors and landscape, which supports a diverse range of decision-makers to identify, analyze, report, and mitigate risk.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Apply analytic tradecraft to the investigation of suspicious and malicious activity targeting Reddit and our users
- Produce well-founded analytic outputs for tactical and strategic level stakeholders
- Work with a team of interdisciplinary analysts to identify, track, and mitigate scaled activity affecting the platform
- Assist in the implementation of diverse methodologies to identify and analyze trends
- Provide support to Reddit users for reported content and appeals
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience
- 4 or more years experience in spam-ops or relevant scaled abuse detection/mitigation areas of focus
- Experience using large data sets to conduct research, discover relationships and correlate data from various sources
- Excellent ability to deliver both written and oral analytic products
- Intermediate to expert level of proficiency in SQL