The Crypto team is responsible for building, maintaining, and growing Cash App’s blockchain-based financial services.
We are looking for engineers with a history of successfully building high-impact products to join us in redefining the world’s relationship with money.
You will work alongside teams from all disciplines to expand our existing product line with a mission of empowering individuals across the world by providing financial services based on Bitcoin and other digital assets.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and improving our crypto products and expanding the bridge between the existing and emergent financial systems.
- Architect, build, and deliver user-facing features that provide value to millions of people around the world
- Participate in all phases of product development, working with non-Engineering related disciplines (Product and Design) and adjacent Engineering teams (Mobile, Platform, Machine Learning, and Data Science)
- Assist in defining and building a feature roadmap that prioritizes customer value
- Own features and functions throughout their life cycle, from inception, rollout, launch, scale, and iteration
- Participate in on-call rotation
- A passion for Bitcoin and other digital assets
- 5+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Success prioritizing urgency, excellence, and execution in a fast-paced and high-growth engineering environment
- Taken technical initiative and led high value projects across multiple teams and disciplines
- A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- SQL, NoSQL
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SignalFx, Sentry, Datadog
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.