The Cash App Crypto team is responsible for building, maintaining, and growing Cash App’s blockchain-based financial services, with the mission of empowering individuals across the world through access to Bitcoin and other digital assets. We prioritize building meaningful financial services over speculation and put Bitcoin at the heart of our crypto innovation strategy.
As an engineer on the Platform Trading team you will design, build and evolve the trading and settlement infrastructure for crypto assets that enables our customers to trade Bitcoin as part of their portfolio.
- Build and operate services at scale as CashApp expands globally and the uptake in Cryptocurrencies increases
- Own functionality throughout their entire lifecycle. The opportunity to scope, design, engineer, rollout and support features
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices
- Operate and manage Cash services
- Unit test everything
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Work in a highly collaborative environment that offers flexibility and autonomy so that you can perform to the best of your abilities
- A passion for Bitcoin and the future of Crypto
- 3+ years of backend software development experience
- Demonstrated technical initiative on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, Java
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- JUnit, JOOQ, Hibernate, Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Docker, Kubernetes
- SignalFx, Sentry, Datadog
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.