OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for , or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We're looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Data Engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling our data infrastructure with modern technologies like Snowflake, Airflow, Looker, Kafka, Spark, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres.
What You'll Do
- Build out the data infrastructure that will serve future dashboarding, A/B testing, warehousing, and machine learning
- Working with the rest of the Data team and Engineering team to understand the need of our data stack
- Making critical decisions for OpenSea’s data stack to serve internal and external customers like Data Science, Operations, Product, and Marketing
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering/data science/data analytics fields
- Operate under ambiguous and fast moving problem spaces, often cross-functionally
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
Nice to Have
- A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps