Filecoin, a decentralized storage network to store humanity’s most valuable information, is one of the most promising projects of Web 3.0. In the year since its launch, over 17 exabytes of storage have been pledged to the Filecoin network, which is proven and verified by each node operator every single day. As we look forward, many challenges remain to be solved such as continuing to scale the network, allowing user programmability through the addition of a Virtual Machine, and implementing cutting-edge ideas coming from the latest in cryptographic research.
One such challenge is inspecting, monitoring, and visualizing the state of the Filecoin network at different points in time. Lily is an ETL pipline for monitoring the Filecoin Network in real-time, and makes the data it collects publicly available. We seek to empower users to run their own lily or consume the data it produces. Some users of Lily include , , , and
As part of the NetOps team this will help grow adoption and growth of the decentralized Internet by building software infrastructure for implementation of the Filecoin, IPFS, and protocols, and operating them as services that can be consumed in a secure, reliable, and scalable manner. We succeed through team work, favoring simplicity over sophistication, and fostering a sense of community.
- Work with Senior Engineers and the Open Source Community to develop : A service for monitoring the health and function of the Filecoin Network.
- Design and implement novel ETL processes for extracting real-time data from the Filecoin Network. Your work will aim to answer questions like:
- What are the Block and Message propagation times from different geological regions of the world and solar system?
- Who are healthiest Storage Providers (SP) on the Filecoin network?
- What is the ROI for Storage Providers?
- Where and with whom are Filecoin Deals stored?
- What is the capacity of the Filecoin Network and what rate is it growing at?
- Implement reusable solutions for monitoring smart contracts running on the .
- Interface with the Open Source community to implement and own features that increase visibility into the Filecoin Network.
- Work with cutting edge Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) Protocols including and to implement features for visualizing and inspecting their execution.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including software design & development, product management, and ecosystem engineers. Provide technical guidance, support, and best-practices to stakeholders across the PL Network (inside/outside the org).
- Mastery of fundamental software engineering practices: testing, debugging, automating, refactoring.
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- +3 years experience with the Go programming language
- Here are some ideal example candidates:
- +2 years experience with Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite (Bonus points if they have experience with TimescaleDB)
- +1 years experience working in distributed systems:
- Peer to peer networking and computing.
- Strong understanding of the .
- Familiarity with smart contracts is a plus, but not required.
- Bonus Points (not required but things to look for):
- Building/Designing ETL systems
- Observable/Jupyter Notebooks
- OpenTelemerty/Distributed Tracing
- Opencensus, OpenTracing
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
- Redis, RabitMQ, Kafka
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- Experience with Open Source Software.
- Being accountable for operational support based on an on-call rotational model.