JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $120 USD / HR
- Responsible for developing custom and off the shelf web applications, application server architecture and underlying DevOps practices and tooling
- Be responsible for the API Web client used by every product team at Airbnb
- Experience with API gateways, middleware technology for integrations with other applications
- Improve end-user performance through data streaming, prefetching, smart caching and optimizing GraphQL execution on web
- Build a first-class offline experience for mobile web users
- Create a delightful developer experience through static analysis, codegen tools and insightful metrics
- Build relationships with frontend engineers in product orgs (e.g. Homes, Experiences) and solve for their API needs
- Develop and champion best practices for building performant applications using GraphQL
- Support – Responsible for support during business hours for the entire technology stack as well as being on-call for support.
- Service Health – Responsible for managing the health of our technology stack including node health, performance optimization and tuning
- Monitoring – Experience defining requirements and implementing monitoring solutions
- Responsible for managing multiple projects as well as operational tasks.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.