About Filecoin Foundation for the Decentralized WebFilecoin Foundation for the Decentralized Web (FFDW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to ensure the permanent preservation of humanity’s most important information by stewarding the development of open-source software and open protocols for decentralized data storage and retrieval networks.
We exist to advance humankind by bringing Web3 to life through education, research, and development.
FFDW sees Filecoin as a foundational technology for the broader decentralized web ecosystem and seeks to support that entire decentralized web community.
This is a full-time position, remote from anywhere in the world.
Work hours should overlap with US business hours.
Job DescriptionFilecoin Foundation operates on the frontier of new, open, decentralized technologies, and many of our Social Impact project partner organizations look to us for assistance understanding and making use of web3 technology and possibilities.
We are looking to hire a Solutions Architect to assist with all elements of our project partners’ technical needs.
The Social Impact team works primarily with end-users who are not naturally drawn to the web3 ecosystem and whose technical skills range from basic to advanced.
The Solutions Architect will be the point person within the Foundation for working with these partners to ensure that the technical elements of their projects are properly built, resilient, and highly accessible for end-users.
You will play a critical role in understanding our project partners’ needs, and then bring Filecoin into existing enterprise workloads and new Web3 applications.
You will be at the forefront of onboarding new customer datasets and be responsible to drive and design new use cases onto the Filecoin network.
As a technical evangelist, you will help educate our project partners so that they can successfully utilize decentralized technologies.
Outwardly, you may help project partners upload large datasets to the Filecoin network, build a Filecoin node, navigate storage deals, and encrypt data.
Inwardly, you will be an advocate for the needs and use cases of our project partners.
Day-to-day, the Solutions Architect can expect to engage with potential outside collaborators and support partners with all technical needs related to decentralized storage, nurture relationships with existing and potential partners, and maintain deep technical knowledge of Filecoin and the broader web3 ecosystem to help us better understand how to support partners.
- Help project partners with all technical elements of working in the Filecoin ecosystem, including uploading data to the Filecoin network, navigating storage deals, creating Filecoin nodes, encrypting data, advising on best practices, etc.
- Lead calls with existing and potential project partners to provide guidance on the technical elements of their projects
- Review applications for new projects, ensuring that proposed technical elements are feasible, realistic, and beneficial
- Create and maintain relationships with technical counterparts within FF and the broader web3 community to build an understanding of developments that may affect the Social Impact team’s work
- Serve as the main point of contact for leveraging related initiatives from the Filecoin ecosystem to make decentralized storage easier for our partners (e.
with programs like BigDExchange, Filgram, Slingshot)
- Drive team decision-making on technical decisions
- Own the management and execution of technical elements of social impact projects
- Develop a robust understanding of the Filecoin ecosystem and stay at the forefront of technical developments
- At least 5 years of customer-facing experience in solutions architecture, technical sales, or professional services roles
- Experience and expertise in storage, ideally in archive and backup workflows as well as enterprise storage
- Experience deploying and integrating applications with distributed storage technologies
- Extensive project management experience; bonus points for managing open source projects within a mission-focused organization
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, execution, and commitment across multiple disparate groups
- Ability to think ahead, take personal initiative, and work both independently and in collaboration with a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to lead difficult conversations with tact and comfort as well as make complex and technical information accessible for all audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities, and a problem-solving approach
- Flexible and adaptable; comfort working in ambiguous environments and able to seamlessly switch gears when needed
- Experience working with remote, internationally distributed teams
- Passion for the decentralized web and information access
This posting will close on