- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – Work from anywhere (Time Zone: PST/CIST | Full day overlap)
- SALARY: $90,000 – $160,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week – Long term
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role.
As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST.
So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network.
Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
*** $90k – $160k + up to 20% equity ***
Key qualifications :
- Passion for creating effective and pragmatic cryptographic schemes.
- MS in Computer Science or CSE or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years building cloud-based and distributed systems.
- Understanding of fundamental cryptographic algorithms and the underlying mathematics, such as finite field arithmetic.
- Experience implementing privacy-preserving cryptographic primitives and protocols like fully homomorphic and oblivious encryption, and garbled circuits, and using libraries such as Zama, Microsoft SEAL, HELayers.
- Experience implementing high-performance cryptographic protocols in languages like Rust, Java, Go, Python, or C/C++
- A basic understanding of front-end web technologies like Vue or React.
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules and with the utmost professionalism.
- You love to code and have no problem rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty.
Ideal qualifications :
- Production-level implementations of privacy-preserving cryptographic techniques.
- Experience building decentralized computation and storage systems.
- You’re passionate about data privacy.
- MS or PhD in Software Engineering, Cryptography, Mathematics, or other related technical fields.
What you’ll be working on
We’re a small team with a big mission and we’re looking for our Founding Cryptographic Software Engineer.
Sovereign Systems was founded on the premise that personal data is valuable, and so are privacy and security.
Historically, this premise has represented a paradox, as users and organizations have been forced to trade one for the other.
Sovereign Systems is providing a solution to this paradox.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and shape the technical vision and strategy.
You’ll work directly alongside the CEO and Chief Data Scientist with the support of an all-star team of A-list and highly active advisors.
You’ll start by doing, rolling your sleeves up, and cranking out code.
As we grow, you’ll help to build our technical team and collaborate with key stakeholders on the processes and frameworks that will allow the company to run both joyfully and efficiently.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in an innovative environment – have a real impact on features and products
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders, from Engineering, Product, Marketing, etc.
- You will have the chance to craft solutions and develop software for millions of users around the world.
- You’ll be part of a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most creative, passionate, and talented engineers in the industry, constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff.
We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform.
If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency.
But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.