We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet.
Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale worldwide.
Essential to scaling is building and running a security compliance program that reflects how we protect the data and assets in our care, to open the doors with customers, regulators, auditors, and other external stakeholders.
If you love working with fast moving companies to grow and scale security compliance engines and create positive change across the business, we’d like to speak with you about joining our team.
Coinbase is looking for a security compliance manager to lead SOX initiatives and build a small team of analysts to help drive and mature the SOX roadmap.
What you’ll be doing (ie.
- Build and mature a program to support SOX initiatives, including developing a SOX plan and driving initiatives within
- Build, manage, and coach a small team of security compliance analysts to execute against the SOX roadmap
- Assist with scoping of IT systems and deliver training to owners in preparation for SOX audit
- Lead gap assessments over IT control environment and design and track remediation efforts to completion
- Assess SOX implications of new products, update relevant controls, and communicate requirements to product organization and other stakeholders
- Perform impact analysis for control deficiencies identified over SOX environment and partner with owning teams to design remediation plan
- Oversee audit evidence collection process via an automated tool
- Provide ongoing reporting to stakeholders and leadership on above responsibilities
- Build close relationships with stakeholder teams including Security, IT, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data, and Finance to advise on SOX requirements and ensure excellence in control ownership
- Create and improve SOX procedural documentation, including control narratives, data flow diagrams, and process documentation
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to educate them about a complex technology control environment
- Oversee quality of audit initiatives, identify and analyze process gaps, provide guidance and expertise to team members
- Develop creative solutions to prove risk mitigation and solve for complex audit problems faced by the crypto industry
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
What we look for in you (ie.
- Minimum of 7+ years of security/IT compliance or equivalent experience with experience leading and/or building a team of Full Time employees
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, SOX 404 frameworks, and testing to support compliance
- Prior experience working closely with auditors and/or external regulators
- Experience leading compliance initiatives from start to finish
- Experience reporting security compliance posture to senior stakeholders
- Proven understanding and audit experience of cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, direct cross functional work, and hold others accountable to committed deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate with technical / non-technical stakeholders to align on shared outcomes
Nice to haves
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience at a big 4 accounting firm
- Security certifications e.
CISA, CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications
- Experience auditing in Crypto space
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.