We are seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join our accounting team. This role requires an individual with excellent organizational and communication skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, has strong attention to detail, and desire to improve processes. They are also eager to show what they can accomplish when given the opportunity and embrace daily challenges as opportunities for success with the company to expand and grow together.
In this role, you will be collaborating with various business partners daily to process invoices and payment requests, assisting with global AP communications, own month-end processes, prepare account reconciliations, provide audit support, and manage ad-hoc projects. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including but not limited to managing global AP mailboxes, setting up new vendors and modifying existing vendor information, accurately reviewing, coding, processing invoices and routing for approval, processing payment requests and funds transfers, reconciling the AP accounts, and researching and resolving AP related questions and issues.
- Process or assist with weekly payment disbursements i.e. check runs, vendor ACH, and wire payments.
- Assist with maintaining the vendor master file by adding new vendors, regular maintenance of vendor records, and other related tasks.
- Proactively reach out to the business owners and/or vendors on late invoicing or other issues.
- Process employee expense reports, verify expenses are within the company guidelines, correct errors, and question abnormal expenses.
- Partner with business owners and/or FP&A team for budget information by vendor.
- Research and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Participate in monthly general ledger closing procedures including account analysis and reconciliations and reconciling sub ledger activity.
- Assist with SOX implementation and ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls for the P2P process.
- Help in the preparation of schedules related to the external audit and provide all supporting information requested in conjunction with the audit.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by AP Management, including the PO implementation project and international AP centralization.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting preferred; Finance, Business or similar accepted
- 5+ years accounts payable processing experience, with an international (non-US) focus required
- Solid understanding and recent experience of VAT/GST requirements relating to AP processing, preferably for NL or UK
- Experience with Netsuite or similar ERP system required
- Experience with Procure to Pay systems – Coupa preferred, or similar (e.g. Ariba)
- Experience with financial system implementations preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office required
- Understanding of General Ledger accounting preferred
- Public company and SOX 404 experience preferred
- Customer service approach to internal employees and external vendors (service mindset)
- Ability to think outside the box, work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask effectively to deliver results, and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail; excellent reconciliation skills
- Internally motivated to seek out answers and ability to generate ideas and learn quickly in a high growth company
- Strong written and oral communication skills (in English); working proficiency of a european language is preferred (Dutch, Spanish, French or German)
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity, and judgment